School of Internships
Program & outcomes
We offer Industry or Subject areas that we believe will be the future, and we will keep adding additional subject areas based on the future demand. Internships are hands-on, based on creating something unique, impact based, future and industry driven. Essentially, the outcome of the Internship is for the student to experience their dream job, college majors and creating impact in society they are passionate through this project based Internship.
Internships are free, mentorship is not. Money will not buy a seat in our organization. We only cater to 10 students a month.
Details of the Internships offered are on this page titled “INTERNSHIPS OFFERED“, highlights are below. Please scroll through and check out the program outcomes.
1. Robotics and IoT : Core problem solving and design of Robot. Offered for all grades and range from 1, 3, and 6 months every year. There is a deep interest among students for this subject and the project can scale up or down depending on the needs.
2. Product Design and Innovation: This is offered to Grade 10 and up and starts with a minimum of 3 to 6 to 24 months to build credentials for Top Schools
3. Economics and Business Research: Students focus on intense business research and economic models
4. Finance, Crypto, and Technology: Students focus on Financial modeling, stochastic research, and research. They are also trained in Stock charts, Crypto charts, and other predictive models to build a project that helps them towards advanced knowledge on the subject in a simple and practical manner, instead of jargon.
5. Social Impact, Environment and Govt Policy. Students focus on intense research and alignment with root-cause analysis and system dynamics.
6. Journalism, Marketing, and Media Activism. Students focus on building communication and distribution models to illustrate original findings through live interviews. This will be the future of independent journalism with content stored in the Blockchain for authenticity and tokenized for monetization.
Case Study: Internship Outcomes
Below is a live example/case study of a student in our Internship program for 6 months during the 12th Grade ( High School Senior).
Step 1: Assessment
Student: Shramaan Chakraborty of Chicago entered late into the program. He had six(6) months to start applying for colleges, an exceptional student with 1550 SAT, but needed a hands-on project to differentiate himself during the admission process.
Assessment: Note – the evaluation of the above student is confidential, although we have divulged a small piece below. The assessment helps us understand the student better, the focus area, the thought process of the student, and which Internship and mentor will suit the students’ needs. If you are a student looking for an Internship with us, please take your time to submit your application. It takes an hour to go through the assessment. All assessments are confidential between the student and us. We do not send the students original response to the assessment to anyone including parents.
Step 3: Idea Development
This stage is all about creativity and having conceptual thinking about what they can do to make a difference. Here is the video outlining the student’s motive.
Note: Note – Students will never be able to build the perfect plan immediately. Infact, it takes months. Students of today lack “life experience” and that is exactly what we build here. Parents and Students – please note, Top Schools measure you based on the “life experience” you have developed outside of school work. The essays and others are all designed to capture that. If you are struggling to write the essay – that perhaps is a possibility that you have no real life experience outside your studies. Enjoy the 5-minute video now!
Step 4: Product Concept Design
This stage is the most creative of all. The student has a decent grasp of the problems, has some ideas, has the interest (after all they deeply care about a cause) and now they unleash their creativity to build a possible product.
Note: Enjoy the video that builds the product based on concepts! The student Shramaan Chakraborty built the concept of a robot that can feed those with cerebral palsy. A Robotic Feeding Arm called “Arm-e”
Step 1. Career/Goals/Aspirations
We understood the student’s interest. One can never coach effectively until one understands the pulse!
Step 2. Industry Relevant
Our Internships are designed with Ivy League-level quality – the best you get in the Industry, globally!
Step 3. Build Project
Projects that solve BIG problems. The student enhances life experience, skills and networks effectively
Step 4. Received Accolade
When students perform and learn effectively – it shows. The project received kudos from the Industry and from the Cerebral Palsy Community
Step 5. Credentials/Resume
Built the exact credentials Top Schools want to see in students and the life experience needed to get there. Just SAT scores won’t get you there!
6. Dream Schools
Create a path to reach your goals, but by doing things differently. Old rules don’t work. Think Differently! Be yourself, our coaches will help you succeed!
You can trust us!
We are a group of PLD ( Exec MBA alternative) Graduates from Harvard Business School. We are stalwarts in the industry globally, and we believe the old internship models need to be replaced with new ones that fit the Digital Age. The old model doesn’t really help the student – so we invented the new one – School of Internships
We want to help Students
We are deeply concerned about the current student situation, specifically, those in High School and their future as everything in higher education, jobs, and the Industry is about to change. Students will need to learn a new set of skills early in their careers and also differentiate themselves during college admission.
We are busy professionals in the Industry, but we started this program out of a passion to help students. You are in good hands!